Epilators. What are they? How do they work and how is it different to laser hair removal?
Okay, let's start from the top.
How do Epilators work?
Epilators are at-home, electrical hair removal devices that temporarily remove hair at the follicle level. Think of them as an electronic tweezer. ⚡ Epilators work in the same way waxing and tweezing does by plucking away hairs from the roots. Spinning discs or springs are used to capture hair on the surface level while the rotating motion pulls the hair straight from the root.
Epilators are used to remove hair from areas such as legs, underarms, arms and the bikini area.
Some epilators on the market are cordless and use batteries, others are rechargeable, while some are directly powered through a cord.
Due to its similarity to waxing, epilators can be quite a painful method of removing hair.
The Epilator. A friendly looking little thing. 😐
How long will epilator results last?
Epilating has better results than shaving as it goes beyond the skin’s surface to remove the hair so regrowth is slower. If you notice five o’clock shadow the same day you shave, then chances are you will have to epilate more often than someone who only gets stubble a week after shaving.
Do epilators cause ingrown hairs?
Waxing and shaving can cause ingrown hairs, epilators can actually cause even more than these traditional hair removal methods. Incorrect epilating motions can disturb the hair follicles and cause the hairs to grow in an unnatural direction.
How much do epilators cost?
Epilators cost anywhere between $30 - $200.
The laser hair removal difference
There are a number of advantages of laser hair removal. They are:
- Laser treatment for hair removal means fast and reliable, permanent hair reduction
- Laser treatments start from just $10 – plus, we have amazing laser hair removal prices and promotions!
- At LCA, we use medical grade Candela GentleLase Pro and GentleYag Pro, the world’s most efficient hair reduction system
- After every laser hair removal session, hair grows back thinner and lighter!
- Our lasers are safe enough to be used on any part of the body and target different skin types whilst ensuring maximum results
- All of our lasers feature a unique dynamic cooling device that helps to calm, soothe and protect the skin
- Our lasers use a wide beam which allows the removal of multiple hair follicles at the same time
- Say goodbye to shaving nicks, waxing rashes, ingrown hairs and more! 👋
Book your complimentary laser hair removal consultation today.