Your privacy is important to us and we take the responsibility of handling your personal information very seriously. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), and we recognise that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is handled.
- name and date of birth;
- contact details and your emergency contact details;
- treatment details;
- before and after treatment photographs;
- any personal information captured by CCTV (as covered by our CCTV Policy);
- payment information such as bank accounts or credit card details;
- payment history; and
- sensitive information such as medical information provided by you and collected by us as part of your treatment file, details of telehealth consultations, and any allergies you may have.
We may also collect information relating to your access and use of our website including social media accounts or apps, IP address, device type, browser information, time and date of access, location data, webpages visited, and other website-related information including through the use of internet cookies.
Collection of your personal information
We collect personal information about you where you provide it to us, or where required by law.
We collect your personal information primarily to enable us to provide you with our services and products, including:
- when you use our website, for example, if you purchase a treatment or make a booking via our website or if you make a customer account on our website;
- if you complete a ‘client card’ at or before attending one of our Clinics;
- if you contact us via phone or email or social media with a query or complaint;
- during treatment consultations; and
- if you provide feedback about your experience with us.
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to us, however in some instances, if you do not provide your personal information, we may be unable to provide services or products to you.
Use of Tracking Technologies
We use tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make it easier for you to use our website and services.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes and to enhance the functionality of the website. Web Beacon is a technical method that sends information related to access to websites when you browse websites, or open or preview an HTML-formatted email.
Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not personally identify you, although they do identify your browser.
These tracking technologies allow us to monitor our website, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the website. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services we can provide to you via our website.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- provide you with our services and products;
- create a record of your treatments and preferences which can be accessed by your treating team across our Clinics;
- with your consent, publish before and after treatment images on our website;
- with your consent, contact you to provide information about our products, services, and special offers;
- obtain feedback from you about our products and services;
- record statistical data for our internal marketing analysis;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations, carry out internal audits or investigations, prevent fraud or other unlawful activities, or ensure the safety and security of you and us;
- enable our medical practitioners to provide you medical consultation for your treatments and any post-treatment review and consultation;
- record quantitative and qualitative medical and treatment data for internal medical and treatment analysis and research;
- fulfil purposes that are reasonably necessary or ancillary to the abovementioned purposes; and
- fulfil any other purposes which we may have notified you prior to, or at the time of, obtaining your consent.
We may share information within our group of companies to provide you with a seamless customer experience.
We may disclose your personal information to our third-party service providers who assist us to deliver our services, for example, IT service providers, marketing, market research (including by using other available data to gain greater insights about our clients), and consulting services. Some of these third-party service providers are located in countries including the United States and the Netherlands and you consent to these overseas disclosures.
We will only disclose personal information to overseas service providers where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas service provider does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
We may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about our services and other material that we consider you would find interesting.
If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can opt-out using the unsubscribe mechanism contained in each email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to opt-out of all direct marketing communications, please note that we may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information we send to confirm a booking, or notifications of changes to our services or policies.
Please note that opting out of direct marketing communications will not opt you out of targeted advertising from us. Please use your cookies and other tracking technologies setting to control the advertising you see from us across social media and other digital properties.
Storage and security of your personal information
We hold your personal information both in hard copy and electronically, on our own servers and those of our service providers.
We implement a range of technical, administrative, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse, including using electronic and physical access restrictions to files containing personal information and ensuring encryption of personal information sent and received.
We destroy or de-identify your personal information when the purpose for which it was collected no longer exists, if you have asked us to remove it from our records, if you have withdrawn your consent to our collection of your sensitive or health information, or where we are no longer required by law to keep it.
Access to, and amendment of, your personal information
You have the right to access personal information that we hold about you, and to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is correct, up-to-date, and complete. To access your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or contact your Clinic.
We may charge a reasonable fee for retrieving your personal information, in which case we will inform you of the fee before providing the information. We may decline a request to access or correct your personal information in certain circumstances in accordance with law. If we refuse a request, we will aim to provide a reason for our decision.
Further information and enquiries
Laser Clinics Australia
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
1300 363 992
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
[Last updated 5 December 2022]