- 300+ Doctors & Registered Nurses
- Over 180 clinics globally
- Complimentary consultations
- Skin tailored to you
Get even with Pigmentation
Reduce freckles, age spots, and larger patches of discoloured skin with our medical-grade Candela Laser Pigmentation Removal, Cosmetic Grade Peels, and Skin Needling.
About Pigmentation Reduction & Removal
Safe & Effective Technology
At Laser Clinics we use state-of-the-art Candela GentleLase Pro lasers to perform the treatment and are experienced in the reduction of superficial pigmentation delivering fantastic results.
How it Works
Laser Pigmentation Removal works to safely and effectively reduce the appearance of freckles, pigmentation, and age spots. The laser targets only the pigmented lesion in the skin which absorbs the light, without damaging the surrounding skin. The laser heats up and shatters the pigment. The pigment is then drawn to the surface without harming the surrounding tissue.
Once drawn to the surface, the pigmented lesions will fade or dry and flake off the treated area, leaving the skin with an even tone and complexion.
Preparation and aftercare
2 weeks prior to treatment:
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use of Skinstitut Age Defence SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Avoid Laser, IPL, and Skin Needling/Cosmetic Grade Peels
- Avoid electrolysis, facial waxing, and depilatory use
- Fake tan, solarium, or tanning drugs such as Melanotan
1 week prior to treatment:
- Avoid prescription topical Vitamin A or Hydroquinone
Due to state government regulations, the following prerequisites apply for clients in QLD, WAS & TAS:
- Consultation is required before booking a treatment to determine suitability/expectations.
- Client must have a skin check with a doctor prior to treatment to ensure there are no abnormal lesions.
- A clearance letter needs to be obtained from the Doctor and provided to the clinic prior to treatment, during the Laser Clinics consultation.
- Use your skinstitut aftercare pack, as prescribed by your Therapist
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days and wear skinsitut SPF 50+ before going outside
- Avoid strenuous exercise or anything that may cause excessive perspiration including saunas, spas, and steam rooms within the first 1-2 days.
- Avoid direct heat (including hair dryers and very hot showers) within the first 1-2 days
- Avoid picking or pulling any loose or exfoliating skin.
- Avoid exfoliating your skin for the first 1-2 week after treatment
- Avoid using any active or high-intensity skincare products for the first 5 days
- Avoid electrolysis, facial waxing, and depilatory use
Note, any Pigmentation Removal Treatment that uses medical grade lasers can expect a mild discolouration of pigment before it heals after just a few days.
Why choose us
Safety & Technology
Using advanced technology and high-performance cosmeceutical skincare products our team highly-skilled team of Therapists is experienced in delivering best-in-class results.
Our highly-skilled and experienced team of Therapists are trained in the latest technology and operate the safest machinery.
Whatever your skin concern, we have the experience, knowledge, and professional Skin Treatments to deliver the best results tailored to your skin goals.
Book in a complimentary consultation
Get that glow. Professional Skin Treatments tailored to you.
Our highly-trained team of Therapists can help identify your concerns and tailor a treatment plan based on your skin goals.BOOK NOW
What our customers are saying
“...Would recommend it to anyone out there that is looking for some guidance and simple steps to better their regimes to get the best out of the amazing part of our body that is skin!”
“I am already noticing a big difference in my skin and am excited to see the end results.”
“I’ve had Microdermabrasion and LED Light Therapy and my skin loves it. It looks more plumped and it’s glowing. I look forward to my next visit. Thank you for taking care of my skin.”
“I've had marked results & the dark sunspots on my face that were causing great embarrassment have gently been removed and I've had no other issues with any of the treatments at all. I absolutely recommend giving Laser Clinics a go!”
“Very happy with my results. After only one visit, my skin is already looking and feeling more plump and healthy. The service I received was also very good; the girls made me feel super comfortable and cared for. Would definitely go back again.”
“As always a lovely experience and my skin has never looked better. Love this clinic!”
“My skin has never felt better with the skin peel accelerator + LED light. I have far less breakouts and my skin is smoother than ever. ”
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take for me to see a result after my pigmentation treatments?
You will expect to see an improvement after your first treatment. The pigmented area will gradually reduce and after completing treatment course, you will expect to see at least a 70-80% reduction for the treated pigmentation.
How many pigmentation treatments are required for best results?
Depending on the type and depth of the pigmentation, we recommend 3-6 treatments done at monthly intervals for optimal results. At your consultation, your Skin Therapist will tailor a treatment plan suitable for your skin goals.
Is pigmentation treatment suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
This treatment is not suitable for pregnant individuals. For breastfeeding clients, we recommend you seek medical clearance prior to proceeding with the treatment.
Is there any downtime after the pigmentation treatment?
There is minimal downtime with this treatment and side effects may include redness, swelling and sensitivity. These side effects are temporary and will subside with correct aftercare. You can expect peeling and darkening of the treated pigmentation around 3-5 days after the treatment. This usually lasts 7-10 days. We recommend following the aftercare procedures provided by your Skin Therapist.
I am currently taking medication. Can I still have this treatment done?
Certain medications can cause the skin to be photosensitive. To avoid adverse reactions from occurring, we advise you to seek medical clearance from your GP prior to proceeding with the treatment.
What skin types are suitable for pigmentation removal?
Pigmentation Removal is suitable for individuals with fair to light skin tones (Fitzpatrick 1-2) and who are not prone to hyperpigmentation.