Pigmentation issues, such as uneven skin tone, age spots and dark spots, are common skin concerns that many individuals face. It can be attributed to a combination of internal physical factors and external influences.
In this blog, Laser Clinics Australia will delve into what pigmentation is, explore its various causes, and discuss effective treatments available to reduce it.
What is Pigmentation?
Pigmentation refers to the colouring of the skin, primarily influenced by a pigment called melanin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes, which are cells found in the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin. It's responsible for giving our skin, hair, and eyes their distinct colours.
Causes of Pigmentation:
- Sun Exposure: Prolonged exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays can stimulate melanin production, leading to the development of sunspots or age spots.
- Ageing: As we age, our skin undergoes natural changes, and one of these changes can be the development of age-related pigmentation issues. These may include age spots and an overall uneven skin tone.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy, birth control use, or menopause can trigger melasma.
- Inflammation: Skin inflammation, caused by conditions like acne, can result in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, leaving dark marks on the skin.
- Genetics: Some individuals are genetically predisposed to certain pigmentation issues.
Treatments to Reduce Pigmentation:
- Cosmetic Grade Peel - This skin treatment uses exfoliating agents to remove the outer layer of the skin, which can help reduce pigmentation irregularities. These peels are tailored to individual skin types and concerns and can be administered by skincare professionals.
- BBL Hero - BroadBand Light (BBL) Hero is an advanced technology that uses rich thermal energy to target the melanin in unwanted pigmentation and the fine facial vessels that cause the reddening of the skin. It's a non-invasive and highly effective option for reducing pigmentation problems.
- AquaFacial - The hydrodermabrasion AquaFacial is a gentle exfoliating treatment that can improve skin texture and pigmentation irregularities. It uses skin-nourishing serum solutions, like Vitamin C to improve the skin texture, evens tone and reduces pigmentation.
To find out which treatment or combination of skin treatments is best for you, reach out to Laser Clinics Australia. Our trusted team of Therapists can help identify your concerns and create a treatment plan based on your needs, helping you achieve youthful, glowing skin. Book a consultation with us today!