You’ve done it! You’ve gotten lip fillers. So how should you care for your lips?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Below are our top 5 lip filler aftercare tips.
- This lip filler aftercare information is general in nature. Remember, individual cosmetic injectable experiences can vary from person to person.
- Ask your LCA Cosmetic Injector for personalised lip filler aftercare instructions.
Lip filler aftercare tip #1: Don’t expect initial fullness to stay the same.
Swelling after lip filler treatment is completely normal and therefore the size of your lips immediately after treatment is not a true reflection of the final result. Minor swelling can last between a few hours or day, possibly longer, depending on multiple factors.
Lip filler aftercare #2: How to reduce swelling after lip fillers.
Be sure to follow the specific guidelines of your Cosmetic injector following your treatment.
- Apply ice to treated area
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Focus on eating healthy foods like fresh fruits & vegetables. The vitamins and minerals will assist with the healing process
- Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme hot temperatures for 24-48 hours post treatment
- Processed foods or fast foods
- Heavy activity or exercise for the first two days after treatment
- Excess salt – it makes you dehydrated!
- Spicy foods
- Blood-thinning medications, including aspirin and ibuprofen (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner then please continue with these)
- Smoking and smoke exposure
Lip filler aftercare tip #3: Don’t fly too soon after getting Cosmetic Injectables.
It’s important not to fly internationally for at least 2 weeks after getting cosmetic injectables. This ensures that our team can ensure you have a full recovery and can meet the 2 week review.
Lip filler aftercare tip #4: Leave plenty of time for injectables prior to a big event, like a wedding.
Like everything associated with a big event, it’s all about planning!
It’s always best to start a new treatment well before a big event. We recommend that you allow at least 3 weeks for your cosmetic injectable treatment to settle. If you’re a first time injectables client, we recommend 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
Remember, every client is different, and results can vary between individuals.
Lip filler aftercare #5: Take advantage of the complimentary 2-week review with the LCA Medical Team.
At LCA, your cosmetic injectables treatment is performed by one of our Doctors and Registered Nurses. Our medical team use the leading cosmetic injectable brands and the latest technology and facial analysis techniques – our amazing clients deserve nothing but the best. The result? You get a highly personalised treatment plan that delivers on your needs and aesthetic goals. Part of this personalised treatment plan includes a post-treatment review 2 weeks following your treatment. This is a complimentary service and allows our team to review your results and for you to run through any lingering questions you may have.
BEFORE AND AFTERS.
And our most popular question? .... *drum roll*
How long do lip fillers last?
No matter if you’re new to cosmetic injectables or if you’ve been getting them for years, there is always one question that remains on everyone’s… lips. How long do lip fillers last? Filler longevity depends on many factors, such as the individual’s skin type, skin condition, lifestyle and age – as well as the type and amount of product used. Generally speaking, lip filler can last up to 6 months. Again, it’s important to stress that everyBODY is different.
For best results, we recommend follow-up treatments every 6 to 12 months, depending on the individual and the product used.
Ready to start your journey with LCA? Contact your nearest clinic or call to book your FREE cosmetic injectables consultation.