1. Microdermabrasion was developed in Italy in 1985 – pizza, pasta and microdermabrasion… we say grazie Italia!
2. There are over 100 Microdermabrasion machines on the market but they all have the same basic design — exfoliate and suck up those dead skin cells!
3. Removing dead skin cells through Microdermabrasion can aid in the effectiveness of skincare products. With a more even surface to work with, it allows makeup to go on more smoothly.
4. Microdermabrasion can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, shallow acne scars. But remember, results may vary from person to person.
5. Treatments are gentle and feel similar to having a facial.
6. Those who suffer from enlarged pores will jump for joy knowing that Microdermabrasion can help to unclog and minimise pores.
7. If you’re a sun lover, Microdermabrasion can help to reduce the appearance of superficial hyperpigmentation, age spots and other superficial skin damage caused by the sun.
8. For that radiating skin texture, our non-invasive LED Light Therapy is perfect after your Microdermabrasion as LED works at a cellular level (especially great to fight active acne and rosacea). The soothing, deep penetrating LED lights to target deep into cells heightening their internal functions, photo-stimulating dermal blood flow, and create faster healing so that your skin looks and feels rejuvenated.
9. A Microdermabrasion stimulates blood flow. This increases the nutrition delivered to skin cells and aids cell production, which in turn improves the skin’s elasticity and texture.
10. A Microdermabrasion temporarily removes moisture but don’t worry! The Laser Clinics Australia 5-Step Custom Microdermabrasion treatment dedicates a whole step to hydrating the skin to ensure it’s nourished.
11. Microdermabrasion home kits can do more harm than good - they act more like a scrub and can be quite harsh. Beware!
12. For optimum results, 6–10 Microdermabrasion treatments are recommended at fortnightly or monthly intervals.
13. The 5-Step Microdermabrasion usually takes about 30 minutes. For those in a hurry, there is always a 10-minute Express Microdermabrasion available.
14. Skin will be more sensitive to sunlight after a Microdermabrasion treatment so make sure that you are wearing SPF50 sunscreen.
15. Always go to a qualified therapist for a Microdermabrasion. At Laser Clinics Australia, we use the latest technology and facial analysis techniques. Our expert team create personalised treatment programs for each and every client.
Unveil your beautiful complexion. Our Microdermabrasion treatment process exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry skin cells to improve your skin’s overall texture and quality.
Visit or call your nearest clinic to book your FREE skin consultation. Our experienced therapists will put together a personalised treatment to help you achieve glowing skin.