Having smooth, hair free skin is something that many women (and men) long for, especially in the summer. Laser Hair Removal is a fabulous procedure to achieve this goal. However, it’s important to prep your skin properly to achieve maximum results and minimum reaction from your skin. So, if you are looking to try LHR for the first time; make sure you are successful in becoming a smooth, hair-free zone by reading our Top 5 Tips For Pre-Laser Hair Removal Care.
1. Shave: 12-24 hours prior to your hair removal treatment as this will ensure the laser is absorbed by the hair follicle below the skins surface. This also means it will lead to the best possible result in smooth, hair-free skin.
2. Avoid sun exposure: solarium use and fake tan for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your treatment. Sun exposure, solarium use and fake tan all change the pigment/ colour of the skin, the laser is attracted to the pigment so by adding pigment to the surface of the skin the risk of pigmentation increases.
3. No Picking: Avoid plucking, tweezing or waxing for lay least 2 weeks before your treatment. If the hair is not in the follicle the laser will not be able to treat it. Which can lead to a frustrated customer J
4. Feeling Sensitive? Ensure that you are not on any photosensitive medications. Photosensitive medications change how the skin reacts to the sun/heat etc. This can leave to a reaction in the skin, which doesn’t always look or feel pretty.
5. No Treatments or Cosmetic Procedures: No peels or skin treatments for two weeks prior to the treatment (relevant to only the area being lasered). Also no Botox or fillers for two weeks prior (relevant to the treated area only), this allows the filler/ botox to be settled in the skin before pressing a laser on the area.