Reveal clearer-looking skin
Laser acne therapy uses a gentle burst of light to tackle the root cause of acne and reduce acne scarring.
What is it?
Laser acne therapy is the first FDA-approved, drugless treatment for acne. Unlike over-the-counter and prescription drug treatments, laser therapy addresses the cause and not just the symptoms of acne, without the nasty side effects.
It works by beaming rays of invisible light at the skin which are absorbed by the sebaceous glands, decreasing oil production at its source. Laser acne therapy also kills bacteria within clogged pores and reduces acne blemishes.
We use the Candela Smoothbeam laser, which gently and effectively treats acne-prone skin without damaging the surrounding tissue. Because the laser has a built-in dynamic cooling system, it’s relatively painless and any minor redness will disappear within an hour after treatment.
We generally recommend four to six treatments for optimum results.
Why should I get it?
Laser acne therapy offers dramatic improvements for acne-prone skin, effectively clearing 70 to 90 per cent of moderate inflammatory acne in as little as a month. Results are especially impressive when compared with conventional treatments, such as topical creams and oral antibiotics.
Those annoying outbreaks can be controlled for four to eight months with laser treatment. After that, only occasional touch-ups may be necessary.
Laser acne therapy can also be used to treat acne scars by helping your skin create new collagen.
• Medical microdermabrasion can be used alongside laser acne therapy for even more dramatic results.
• We can do a test treatment on darker skin to prevent pigmentation issues.
• You should avoid wearing make up until the days after treatment.
• If you have recent sun exposure or significant sunburn, you won’t be treated until it’s healed.
• Most over-the-counter and prescription creams and medications can be continued during the treatment, with the exception of Roaccutane.