A Guide to Laser Hair Removal for Your Shoulders
As we make our way further and further into the 21st century, our ideals of male grooming and beauty move away from what they used to be in the past at a rapid rate! It was not so long ago that men still washed their hair with bar soap, there was no such things as a ‘men’s moisturiser’, and even swimmers and cyclists at their peak of testosterone levels were considered to be on the verge of camp-ness if they shaved their legs to help with speed. Nowadays, women are starting to demand a little more control of male body hair in return for years of ribbing if they forgot to shave their underarms! Laser hair removal for the shoulders is one of the most requested locations at clinics nowadays – for those who are still considering it, we give you a complete guide.
Laser hair removal for your shoulders
Sick of people sniggering and making gorilla comments every time you wear a singlet? Laser hair removal for your shoulders is an effective long term option, and actually very cost effective compared to waxing.
When you’re thinking about the best way to get the hair off your shoulders, remember that:
• Laser hair removal for the shoulders is actually pretty cheap! Current pricing is almost exactly the same as having the same area waxed.
• Shaving is not generally an option with shoulder hair – too awkward to reach, and the hair is thick, which causes noticeable regrowth and itchiness.
• However, you should also remember that if your back tends towards the fuzzy side also, bare shoulders next to a bushy back will look even odder. Laser hair removal for the full back is more expensive than for the shoulders … though still great value in the long term and far less painful than waxing/
How does it feel?
Most people find that laser hair removal for their shoulders is actually very tolerable. The skin here is quite tough and not overly supplied with nerve endings.
We use a Candela GentleLASE laser with Dynamic Cooling Device, which helps reduce the pain associated with laser hair removal to almost nil. If you have especially sensitive skin, though, you always have access to numbing cream for the treatment.
How long does it take?
Your shoulders are one of the most cost-effective areas to get done because they are also fairly small.
At your initial consultation, ask your laser technician to show you the area that is defined as ‘shoulders’ for the purposes of laser hair removal. If your hair growths extends much past the ordinary area, you may need a ¼ back session in addition to the shoulders.
The first session of laser hair removal for your shoulders is the longest, also.
Pay attention to the wavelength
For both men and women, the shoulders are quite a visible area. To minimise the chance of hyper-pigmentation or hypo-pigmentation, it’s essential that we match the laser wavelength to your skin/hair colour combination.
Shoulder laser hair removal pricing
Laser hair removal on men’s shoulders cost a little more because a longer session is required to get rid of thicker, darker and more numerous hairs! This pricing is correct at the time of publication, and represents the cost per session when treatments are purchased in 6-session pre-paid blocks.
• Shoulders: Females $49 per treatment, males $69 per treatment
And if you need to extend your hair removal into the main back area:
• 1/4 back: Females $79 per treatment, males $99 per treatment
• 1/2 back: Females $149 per treatment, males $179 per treatment