A Guide to Laser Hair Removal for Your Bikini Area
Of all the hair that our unruly bodies tend to grow, bikini hair is the toughest and most irksome! Most gals are happy to just apologise for their hairy legs and blame them on not having enough time to shave. A bushy bikini area doesn’t usually get that treatment, though! Luckily a small investment in laser hair removal for your bikini area can pay itself back pretty quickly.
Laser hair removal for your bikini area
Having laser hair removal on your bikini area is a little different to having your lower legs or underarms done. Here’s why:
• Laser hair removal for the bikini area tends to be quite effective, because most people have paler skin and darker hair down there!
• Most people imagine this being extremely painful. In fact, laser hair removal in the bikini area (even full Brazilians, and even across the penis and scrotum) is much less painful than waxing, and much less annoying than living through 2 days of itchy regrowth from shaving.
• You’ll want to wear loose and comfortable cotton knickers or boxers to avoid irritation after a session … yes, granny knickers are recommended!
• Sexual activity in the 12 hours after your laser hair removal session isn’t recommended.
How does it feel?
Most gals that try out laser hair removal for the bikini area have also tried waxing. Compared to the drip-and-rip method of removing bikini hair, laser hair removal is a walk in the park! Especially if you choose a laser clinic whose machines have cooling devices attached, like Candela’s highly effective Dynamic Cooling Device.
How long does it take?
Laser hair removal for the bikini area is generally quick, though it does depend on how much of your bikini area you ask to have treated. Obviously, cleaning up stray hairs that want a little sunshine when you’re swimming will take less time than a full Brazilian treatment.
Bikini laser hair removal pricing
Due to the radically different shapes of guys and girls down there, bikini-area laser hair removal prices differ dramatically between the sexes depending on what area you’re having done. Here are some indicative prices per treatment, for prepaid blocks of 6 or more treatments:
• Bikini: Females $49 per treatment, males $49 per treatment
• Bikini extended: Females $69 per treatment, males $79 per treatment
• Brazilian: Females $69 per treatment, males $129 per treatment
• Penis: Males $49 per treatment
• Scrotum: Males $49 per treatment
• Anus: Females $49 per treatment, males $49 per treatment
• Buttocks: Females $99 per treatment, males $99 per treatment