The lure of laser hair removal is strong in nearly all of us! The return of all that time you used to spend soaped up in the shower shaving, the freedom to show off without thinking about whether you’re ‘decent’ first … permanent hair reduction or even removal is a dream come true. However, the deciding factor in the type of hair removal most people use is the cost. Ultimately, laser hair removal is substantially cheaper than keeping up shaving, waxing, sugaring, threading or depilation. But if you’d like to know whether you’ll have to save up first or can book your session tomorrow, today we help you explore how much your laser hair removal might cost!
How much does a treatment cost?
The treatment schedule is based on the area that you want to remove hair from. You’ll notice that the prices for men are usually more than for women – this is because the best scientific data that we have available suggests than guys have more hair than girls!
Given that most people need at least 6 sessions to achieve the best laser hair removal results, we almost always recommend that you look at the ‘Pre-Pay’ price, the lower figure in the left hand column for both guys and girls. The only time you’d want to book a single session is when you want to check out the pain levels of the procedure or vet a new laser hair removal clinic for service standards, etc.
If you or your cosmetic practitioner feels that you’ll need more than 6 sessions to get the hair removal you want, you can get any number upwards of 6 sessions at the pre-pay price. You don’t have to buy in ‘blocks’ of 6, but your sessions must all be purchased together.
• If you are happy to keep shaving your legs and underarms, but want to tidy up dark hair on your feet and toes, around your snail trail and on your upper lip, you could expect to pay for 6 sessions on each area. Total cost: $582
• If you’re sick of razor bumps and the pain of waxing your Brazilian area but don’t mind waxing your own legs, you could have 6 sessions of Brazilian only laser hair removal . Total cost: $414
• If you want to test how laser hair removal will work for you, get 6 sessions on your underarms. Total cost: $294
Touch up sessions
It may be worth waiting to see how your body reacts to the initial 6 sessions of laser hair removal, and then booking in single sessions afterwards. The single session rate can be up to 25% more than the pre-paid session rate – but in some cases, it is better than pre-paying treatments that don’t end up being used.
Spreading the cost
Some people consider going for the single session rate for their entire course of treatments, because it is easier to save up the cash in between treatments than work towards having the lump sum needed for a pre-paid block of sessions. This is perfectly feasible – but do keep in mind that you’ll end up paying around 25% more under this system.
Saving money with laser hair removal!
If you need any more justification for booking your laser hair removal than kissing bikini waxing goodbye (yargh!), remember that it also saves you money in quite a few ways!
• No more buying razors, blades, shaving creams or after-shave lotions
• No more paying for waxing sessions on areas that don’t react well to shaving
• If you translate those hours spent plucking, waxing and shaving into working time, it is much easier to justify the financial cost!
We hear so many people, both ladies and men, say that they wish they’d had laser hair removal done years ago. Try it out on a smaller area, or check out some great laser hair removal clinic specials to start you off!