Acne can have a massive impact on your life. It can be a real confidence-killer (especially at the age that most of us suffer with acne – around our teen years), steals hours of your bathroom time, and in many cases is actually painful. The only thing stopping many people seeking acne treatments that are more effective than soap and water is the cost! Laser therapy is one of the newest and most effective tools in the acne arsenal – and it probably costs a fair bit less than you think. Here we check out what your laser acne therapy is likely to cost, long term.
How much does a treatment cost?
The treatment schedule varies according to the size of the area you want to have treated – larger areas simply mean longer treatment times and slightly higher prices. You’ll notice looking at the schedule that the pre-paid price is significantly lower – since at least four laser acne therapy sessions are always recommended, the pre-pay is almost invariably your best option.
Remember that the pre-paid price is for four or more sessions – you can prepay any number larger than 4 sessions at the beginning of your treatment to save money. For example, you might want to prepay 5 initial sessions, and 2 touchup sessions to save a bit of cash.
Combined acne treatment with microdermabrasion has excellent results. Microdermabrasion removes the top layers of your skin, helping cut down on the population of bacteria as well as creating a generally smoother appearance. Microdermabrasion costs around:
• $49 per treatment
• $40 per pre-paid treatment (4 or more sessions paid)
• If you had moderate acne across your cheeks only, you could expect to pay for 4 sessions of laser acne therapy on your cheeks only. Total cost: $276
• If you had relatively severe acne localized to your cheeks, you could expect to pay for 6 sessions of laser acne therapy on your cheeks only. Total cost: $414
• If you have moderate acne across your whole face, you could expect to pay for 4 sessions of laser acne therapy across your whole face. Total cost: $516
• If you have moderate acne on your neck (4 sessions) and severe acne on your entire face (6 sessions), and you also wanted two sessions of microdermabrasion … Total cost: $1388
Touch up sessions
Laser acne therapy offers around a 70-90% improvement in acne appearance over 4 to 6 weeks. However, intertwined with the fact that the therapy is so safe, is the fact that it isn’t a “cure” for acne. You may need a single touch up session every six months, every year, or every two years depending on your particular biochemistry. You probably wouldn’t pre-pay these sessions, so the cost would be the single-session charge for your particular area.
Spreading the cost
Your treatments are usually spaced three to four weeks apart – so if it makes it easier on your budget, you may want to pay for a single session at a time rather than trying to save for the entire treatment schedule at the beginning.
Saving money with laser acne therapy!
Remember that while laser acne therapy does have an upfront cost, there are plenty of ways in which it saves you money! You won’t have to spend as much on:
• Specialist acne creams and lotions
• Acne treatment gadgets and gizmos
• Prescription acne medicines
But in the long term, the most value you’ll get out of your laser acne treatment is in the confidence it restores, the time it gives back, and the feeling of belonging in your own skin!